Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Salamanca

As I have been preparing for my journey to Salamanca, I came across these two verses in my personal study of God's Word. The first verse comes from an excerpt from Solomon's prayer regarding his inadequacy in ruling over Israel. This is where he asks from God for wisdom. My prayer is similar in that I ask for understanding of the culture and country of Spain and discernment of God's desire and will for my life. I Kings 3:9"So give Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?"
The second verse I found as I read through Paul's third journey through Greece. As I travel through Spain I desire to minister and testify of the Gospel of grace. I pray if will do so fully and adequately. May God see fit to use me as He so chooses and pleases. Acts 20:24 24"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan, I'm Adelle Johnson, with Avant Ministries. We are researching sending a church planting team to Salamanca. I'd be very interested in learning how your visit was and your reactions to the spiritual environment in Salamanca. One of my colleagues will be visiting there in mid-September. Would you be willing to have him contact you? I can be reached at ajohnson@avmi.org Blessings, Adelle Johnson