Monday, January 5, 2009

Day One and Two




So this is where I’m at now. I arrived in the small town of Paysandu, Uruguay yesterday morning at seven thirty in the morning. Two days of traveling, two flights, two taxis, and one bus later we arrived. The only really exciting experience during the trip was the fact that we jumped out of our taxi and ran across the Uruguay River in order to get in front of the huge line of cars waiting to cross the boarder from Colon, Argentina into Paysandu, Uruguay. We rolled our luggage up to the window where the cars were supposed to go through and began the paper work to cross the boarder. We felt kind of funny doing it because there were cars ahead of us and behind us yet we were just standing in the middle of the road with all our luggage! I guess we were the typical stupid gringos.
Anyway, last night I had the opportunity to speak at a youth group. However, I did not know I was speaking until I got there. That was a little fun to say the least! That night the pastor also asked me to speak at his church the following morning. That is actually where I just got back from. We had a great morning service…not because I spoke though. This afternoon I am traveling to another small town, Salto, and will be preaching there as well. Please pray that I will be used in each church, and that I will get a good feel of what God is doing in each of these ministries!
The plan for the rest of the week in Uruguay is to simply play it by ear. Plans are being made on the spur of the moment and no one knows what is nex. This makes life exciting.
The picture above is a picture of my flight crossing over the Andes Mountains from Chile and headed to Buenos Aires, Argentina. What a view! The other picture is me driving the missionary’s sweet car!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I got your email - Alyssa and I are praying that God would not only use this trip to shape you for future ministry, but that your ministry right now would be used in the lives of these people. Have fun and do all you can while you are there!

Helaine DeMarte said...

Jon- just checked this after I sent your email. looks great- :) Enjoy your time in south South America!